7.31.2008

HMW: Official Member of the Media, Barely

It was announced yesterday to a select few members of the BertFlex staff that during our little Minor League Baseball road trip this weekend (Me, Librarian, and Sir - going to Quad Cities [Davenport, IA] and Peoria), yours truly will be granted an interview with Cardinals prospect Brett Wallace.

Yes, a real interview. Like I say words to him, hopefully in the form of a question...then he responds, hopefully in the form of an answer (and hopefully not "what the fuck are you talking about?"). This should be an interesting experience, since it is my first dip into the media business. I've gotten too cozy hiding behind my computer, but I'm ready to step out and practice that seerius jurnalism. If you can't tell, I'm really excited about this interview.

It helps that a) I'm a Cardinal fan, b) I'm a prospect dork, and c) I actually own the guy in one of my fantasy baseball leagues! So I have the chance...no the right, to tell him that when he hits the Bigs, he needs to perform well enough for me to win my league's championship!

Okay, so that's question one. What the hell else do I ask? I'm 97% sure this will be my one and only shot, so I might as well go out in a blaze of glory. Let me know if you have any suggestions...

For a little preview of what we're going to see on the field, here is a YouTube clip of Brett "the Hitman" Wallace hitting a bomb into the Tiki Bar at Quad Cities. You can't see the Tiki Bar in the clip, but evidently they have one. I know where the Mad Libarian will be parked at all night.

No comments: