10.28.2006

LOUD NOISES!

Do you believe this? What an awesome night.

This was a tremendous way to cap off an interesting season of Cardinal baseball. It wasn't a great season until the calendar hit October. And for 25 days, we were the best. Who could have thunk it?

Un-freakin-believable!

Seeing all the fans going nuts, so awesome. I know "I Live For This" is a silly marketing phrase MLB came up with, but it is very true to all Cardinal fans. We buy the tickets, buy the gear, sit around and watch games against the Pirates in June...and talk about Cardinal baseball all year long. We live Cardinal baseball, even during football and hockey season. This is how life is for most people in St. Louis. And the feeling I have as I write this in the middle of the night--so worth it!

The victory party in the streets was strong; the best part is that people of all ages, backgrounds, ethnicity, etc, get together and were going nuts slapping each others' hands and screaming--just awesome. Such an awesome feeling, and we aren't even the ones playing on the field.

Much like yesterday, I really cannot put together a big article for this game either. My head is still swimming, legs are wobbly, and I can still hear a buzz in my eardrums. But it was so worth it. And staying up late to write about these games was worth it. Let's do it again next year.

Hope you liked this one grandpa ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Jason Stark cameo in the back of the Eckstein picture.

Anonymous said...

i woke up to go to the bathroom a couple times (blame the 1 a.m. white castle), but didn't get up until 3:30 in the afternoon. holy crap, what a night.