6.13.2008

First Annual Urban Dictionary Bee

If you're like me and tired of all those dorky home schooled kids getting pub just because they can spell stupid words that don't exist, then listen up! Your friends at BertFlex have come up with another one of their patented Greatest! Ideas! Evar!

Inspired by the National Spelling Bee, we will be holding the first ever BertFlex Urban Dictionary Bee! Competitors will be given a phrase from urbandictionary.com and would have to guess the definition, or be given the definition and guess the phrase.

The format will be "Stump the Schwab" style, where our competitors would match up head-to-head for a block of questions. Three strikes, you're out. Each player gets one pass per match and a missed question can be "stolen" by their opponent. A passed question that is answered correctly earns the passer a strike.

Bracket-style matchups, with seeding being the order in which people sign up, with byes added as needed. The lower seed in each matchup is asked the first question. The esteemed Good Face has volunteered to be the host of this extravaganza of destruction and will serve as Judge, Jury and Executioner when it comes to a player's answer.

Anyone from the BertFlex/Mizzourah family would be eligible to play, including readers, friends, and anyone else you think might know their slang ("Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive").

The date for this convocation of awesomeness is the evening of Sunday July 6th. Time and location are TBA. To reserve your spot in the Bee, post a comment. We are working on an awesome prize for the winner, and by awesome, I mean completely inappropriate, so you have that to look forward to as well.

5 comments:

Sir said...

In the interest of fairness, I'll take the middle seed, whatever that works out to be.

Anonymous said...

I'll post this on Mizzourah tomorrow. We're getting huge hits from the B12 as Potato Chips deal. Lots of links, and I'd rather have Mizzou/CFB shit on there right now.

Anonymous said...

way to rub it in our face big head, maybe we like the fact that nobody likes us. (shed tear)

and is that an official sign-up? if not, i'll take the coveted #1 seed.

Mad Librarian said...

I'm there, and I'm going to regulate on you bitches. (Or more likely, I'll trash talk extensively before coming in last. Whatever.)

Unknown said...

This reminds me of the The Chappelle Show's I Know Black People skit in that both concepts are awesome. I will not be there as I do not live there, but I do know what a loosey is and the lost lyrics to the "Good Times" theme song.