2.26.2006

Blech... I Feel Like Bode Miller

Tonight, I feel like Bode Miller. "I just did it my way. I'm not a martyr, and I'm not a do-gooder. I just want to go out and rock. And man, I rocked here." I know he says he did the 2006 Olympics "his way". I like Bode's way-- I want to look back on my whole life and say I did it "my way". I want to be an underachiever and still have people appreciate me for it. Personally, I kind of think Bode's a shit-pile and for all the hype he could have won at least one friggin' medal, but whatever. I think "my way" would have included 5 gold medals. That's just me....

For all of you wondering where I have been (OK, Shaun, and maybe Tony, and MAYBE, if he's picked his head up out of his waffles, Josh), I've been camped out up here in Madison under 10 inches of snow. That might not sound like a lot, but it kind of is, especially since we got it in 12 hours. If it's enough to close the schools here, it's a lot. We have a 1:1 ratio of snowplows to people and they still couldn't keep up with it. So, I didn't make it down to STL for my birthday. I would love to come down for "the weekend" but I will be in sunny Southern California helping my sister evaluate the LA area for living. It's a rough life, being a student, what can I say! So, hopefully I will see you guys sometime in the next few months. I hope you all had an awesome Mardi Gras. I miss you, and long live Teams Ramrod & BYOB!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ann you missed one of the greatest days in weather history about a week and a half ago:

very nice in the morning--50's
reached 71 around noon (high)
sky looked gloomy around 2pm
started hailing at 3:30
cooled off a lot after that
very windy evening (20-30 mph)
hit 28 by midnight for the low

Sir said...

"I just did it my way. I'm not a martyr, and I'm not a do-gooder. I just want to go out and rock. And man, I rocked here." - Former Superstar Tony Pellegrino after BYOB's 2002 upset losses to the Instructional Computing Lab, Optometry Center and Accounting Club.

Hey Ann, you said that you "want to be an underachiever and still have people appreciate me for it." I teach this course for credit if you're interested.